Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"RAW" art show


This is a one night only event that I got accepted into in Minneapolis - August 25 at 8:00 PM at the Fine Line Music Cafe. The image is a promotional image that a designer from the RAW organization made for me based on a short bio and some images I sent them. The art involves me bringing whatever pieces of my art that I want, but I have to provide all the means to display it - whether that means tables, easels, makeshift walls, lighting... And before all that, preparing the work itself. I really have no work that is in a state to present in a show, so that's what I've been working on doing a lot recently (learning to cut mat boards/frames for art, mounting the art). I am buying a few pre-made frames and going to have a frame service do the installing of glass and backboards.

And here is a link the site for the event itself:

http://www.rawartists.org/minneapolis/fusion

No comments: