Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Doodles and Drawings

Here are some various drawings and doodles from my sketchbook the past couple of weeks. A lot of it is rather directionless but I think that experimenting and "play" is sort of what I'm more interested in right now anyway. I do hope to make some stuff that's more "complete" soon. The church ink drawing is a little more complete, but that was begun last December and I was only "finishing" it recently (and I'm not sure I'd call it completely finished yet).


The version on the right came when I copied+pasted the drawing into a Photoshop document that was in "Bitmap" mode, and everything ended up looking pixelated. I liked the effect so I included it here (you have to zoom in to see it).






I think I posted the "JAN" sketch before, but this time... there's dots.




My friend Liz, one night in Ireland, challenged my brother and me to draw all the Pokemon we could remember off the top of our head (without looking any up). I've played some of the recent Pokemon games for the DS, but I was still surprised at how many I could draw, because I don't remember seeing them as much in those recent games I had played. I also noticed that they were all from the first generation Pokemon games.


this is the church drawing I mentioned before; started December 2010, and then I worked on it more these past couple of weeks. It is of a church next to Kylemore Abbey in Ireland (I drew from a photo of it).

No comments: